About This Recipe
You need look no further for the most lite-hearted rendition of the traditional breakfast classic. This recipe for protein-packed French toast is incredibly delicious and packed with protein.
This recipe can be prepared in a mere twenty minutes and requires only common, readily available ingredients that you likely already possess.
It is incredibly easy to prepare and makes an excellent option for weekend brunch or meal prep.
An additional advantage of this recipe is that it serves as an excellent method to utilize outdated or drying bread.
Simply submerge a slice of bread directly into the egg mixture; it will absorb the delectable French toast batter and revitalize the bread.
Check out these reader-favorite Pumpkin Protein French Toast Bake and these Protein French Toast Sticks for additional protein-rich delectable breakfast ideas.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 slices multi-grain bread
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for cooking
- Suggested toppings: sliced strawberries, almond butter, maple syrup
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat together lightly. Add in the ricotta cheese, protein powder, cinnamon and vanilla. Whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Lightly coat both sides of the bread slices in the egg and ricotta mixture. Allow to soak for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the dipped bread slices in batches. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Top the high protein french toast with fresh strawberries, maple syrup, and almond butter for added nutrition and flavor. The strawberry antioxidant properties pair nicely with the chocolate protein powder.
This superfood french toast packed with protein will energize your mornings. The ricotta and egg base makes it rich and creamy compared to regular french toast. Enjoy this protein-packed version of the classic!