Orange glaze completes this moist and flavorful orange cranberry bread, which is infused with orange zest and tart cranberries, crowned with cinnamon streusel.
This is one of my preferred recipes for quick bread because it consistently attracts a large population.
While contemplating the autumn season, numerous flavor duos come to mind, orange and cranberry are the most delectable. I adore the combination of tart cranberries and sunny, fragrant orange.
I have shared cranberry orange muffins, cranberry orange Bundt cake, cranberry orange icebox cookies, and cranberry orange scones recipes over the years…
Additionally, both these cranberry brie puff pastry tarts and my traditional cranberry sauce have a hint of citrus flavor.
While all remarkable, nothing compares to the fast bread of today. It is the original, and I strongly advise you to bake two loaves at least, as it will vanish rapidly.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup sliced cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the oil, eggs, orange juice, and orange zest. Blend the ingredients together until nearly mixed.
- Gently fold in the sliced cranberries by hand, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cranberry bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
I have rewritten the instructions and ingredients in my own words to create an original, plagiarism-free cranberry bread recipe for you to use. Please let me know if you need any clarification or have additional questions!