A prevalent confection or delicacy, chocolate-coated strawberries comprise newly harvested strawberries that have been dipped or enveloped in melted chocolate or a chocolate coating. The following are additional details:
Utilized are whole, fresh strawberries that retain their stalks. Strawberries that have reached room temperature and are mature.
Typically, the chocolate coating consists of molten milk, dark, or white chocolate. Occasionally, a pre-made chocolate coating or dipping sauce is utilized.
A toothpick or dipping implement is utilized to spear each strawberry prior to submerging it into the molten chocolate.
After placing the submerged strawberries on a baking sheet or tray lined with foil or parchment paper, they are cooled and solidified at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Once completely chilled, the chocolate-coated strawberries have a delectable chocolate exterior encasing a sweet, juicy strawberry interior. The chocolate harmonizes flawlessly with the strawberry’s tart sweetness.
Strawberries dipped in chocolate are a delightful dessert, Valentine’s Day present, or nibble when enjoyed alone or in conjunction with fruit platters, cakes, ice creams, and so forth. An element of their allure is derived from the flavor and consistency of the silky chocolate and the succulent strawberry.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries with stems, washed and dried thoroughly
- 8 ounces dark, milk or white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening (optional but makes chocolate thinner for better coating)
- Wash and dry the strawberries thoroughly, leaving the stems intact. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the chopped chocolate and shortening (if using) in a double boiler or microwave on medium heat, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Holding them by the stem, dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate, submerging 3/4 of each berry.
- Lift gently, allowing excess chocolate to drip off, and return to the lined baking sheet. If desired, sprinkle extra toppings like chopped nuts, crushed cookies, or cocoa powder over the chocolate coating immediately.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until set. Bring back to room temperature before serving.
- Store leftover chocolate-dipped strawberries tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Enjoy!